Digital healthcare is introducing 24/7 care outside the hospital
The Hub digital healthcare platform enables operators to move away from more reactive approaches to chronic care management and move towards more coordinated and proactive care in which digital tools support and empower patients as well as health care providers and workers. The Hub looks to:
- empower patients with a more personalised experience
- help healthcare staff to integrate world-class solutions for all patients and visitors
- provide seamless systems for the management of staff and patients alike
- provide digital solutions and tools to transform physical and virtual healthcare experiences
- open up cloud-based, and secure architecture that equips healthcare with an agile, low-cost entry point
The movement towards virtual health increasingly involves remote management of wearables and monitoring of multiple providers of fitness devices, sensors, and biometrics which are all built into The Hub solutions. In the virtual health world online resources, including social media, are vital and The Hub can dynamically deliver this. With an open and innovative design, The Hub is helping re-shape the future of health care delivery to be more efficient, convenient and accessible. This is whilst supporting and augmenting workers, by facilitating highly trained resources to now focus on more valuable, patient-facing activities. As the cost of care continues to rise, many hospitals are looking for long-term digital solutions to optimise in-patient services. The Hub is a smart platform which can support healthcare systems to transition to new models of patient-centred care and “smart health” approaches and drive innovation, increase access and affordability, improve quality, and lower costs.