Best practice today future-proofed
The Hub is open to all new technologies which it reviews every day. This allows us to include encryption technologies if required or biometrics instead of contactless depending on the end2end solutions being requested. The Hub was set up to integrate with any technology on the market with the basis that it best achieves the client brief and prevents where possible, proprietary and expensive dependencies. As a middleware software solution with a unique Mission Control, The Hub Platform is agnostic to any user-facing device as well as any hidden back-office feed and function. This open philosophy and plug-in capability are based on a global open technology mission that believes it’s vital to not reinvent and yet equally vital to stay open to the new and transformational technology solutions of others. Here are the guiding principles of The Hub technology Platform:
- Provide choice at every level. The Hub lets you defer design decisions as late as possible. For example, you can switch persistence providers through configuration without changing your code. The same is true for many other infrastructure concerns and integration with third-party APIs.
- Accommodate diverse perspectives. The Hub embraces flexibility and is not opinionated about how things should be done. It supports a wide range of application needs with different perspectives.
- Maintain strong backward compatibility. The Hub’s evolution has been carefully managed to avoid breaking changes between versions. The Hub supports a carefully chosen range of third-party libraries to facilitate maintenance of applications and libraries that our solutions depend on.
- Care about API design. The Hub team put a lot of thought and time into making APIs that are intuitive and that hold up across many versions and many years.
- Set high standards for code quality. The Hub Platform puts a strong emphasis on meaningful, current, and accuracy. It is one of the very few projects that can claim a clean code structure with no circular dependencies between packages.
In conclusion, The Hub Platform is willing and open to integrate and then enable any technologies as listed here so long as they are, secure, reliable and scalable with a minimised cost of ownership to the client. In the download section, we have provided some insights as to where these technologies become relevant and how we plug them in.